Are you interested in contributing photos and/or information to this blog? Email me!

This blog updates at least once a month.


Sunday, January 26, 2014

An Itty-Bitty Announcement

In August of 2009, after a request by a dear friend, I began this blog to follow the progress of the Gilbert LDS Temple. I have loved {LOVED} following the construction of this beautiful building.
The building of a new temple is exciting for everyone involved. It is a blessing for all those who participate. It brings a sense of peace to the saints in the surrounding area. Temples are our most sacred buildings of worship.

But for me, this temple, the Gilbert Temple, was much, much more than that. It has proven to be a source of peace and healing in some very trying times. It gave me strength and perseverance as I would look out my kitchen window to the temple site. I will never forget the feelings that washed over me while I stood looking out at the temple site. In my time of greatest need, my loving Heavenly Father placed me in a position to have a visual reminder of His love for me. There were times when only the view of the temple-in-progress could get me through to the next day.

So, yes, I love the temple for all of the regular reasons, and SO. MUCH. MORE.

But, now it is time to close another chapter to an exciting time in my life. Our family has moved away from that beloved plot of land. I no longer can see this glorious building from my kitchen window. But I will always remember watching go from alfalfa fields to an intricately detailed masterpiece.


Many talented photographers and neighbors have submitted photos over the years to share their love of the House of the Lord. I have treasured so many of these photos because it was like getting little testimonies in my inbox. I loved it. Once our family moved, I asked one of my most frequent contributors, Brooks Crandell, to help me admin the Facebook page and this blog. While this blog will be officially "closed" from this point on, Brooks has kindly agreed to take over the FB page on his own. I trust that all my followers will enjoy his amazing talents as he continues to photograph one of my favorite buildings.

I am so grateful for the opportunity to record this temple construction.

Always look to the temple,
Yours in the gospel,

Kathy P